There was talk around the blogosphere the past day or two that an iTunes update was eniment. Well, it came. Here’s what’s included:
iTunes 8.1 is now faster and more responsive. You will enjoy noticeable improvements when working with large libraries, browsing the iTunes Store, preparing to sync with iPod or iPhone, and optimizing photos for syncing.
In addition, iTunes 8.1 provides many other improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
• Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ.
• Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows.
• Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs.
• Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods.
• Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus.
• Includes many accessibility improvements.
• Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls
If you’re like me and plugged your iPhone into your computer today you likely notice a prompt from iTunes to update your phone’s carrier information. MobileCrunch.com has the details of the udpate, which appears to be nothing more than a couple of images for AT&T’s new MicroCell service for residences. So no worries, update away.
For iPhone OS 3.0 information see:
iPhone 2.2.1 Software Update
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
- Improved general stability of Safari
- Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 3G
If you know of any other improvements or enhancements found in the 2.2.1 firmware version please leave us a comment..